1. Keep it Short: Remember that many visitors will arrive at your website by typing your address directly into their browser bar. Aim for 20 characters or less to maximize your type-in traffic.
2. Be Simple and Obvious: Make sure your domain is easy to remember and spell. If possible, it's best to err on the side of being straightforward.
3. Avoid Numerals, Underscores and Hyphens If You Can: Adding numbers and non-alphabet characters to your domain name can cause confusion likely to result in lost traffic to your site.
4. Consider Keywords and Cleverness: If your top domain choice is not available, consider adding a descriptive keyword as a starting point to brainstorm alternative ideas.
5. Register Your Domain for Multiple Years: If your budget permits, registering your domain for multiple years can help your site rank higher with search engines like Google and secure the investment in your website brand.